Members present: Kara Duncan, Bill Benson, Cheryl Swenson, and Danessa Keener.
Others present: Robin Berg, Grant Duncan, Gerry & Ellen Karpen, Cathy Benson, Sandy Sutton, Dan Paul, and Laron Smidt.
The Agenda was approved.
Minutes of the May 3, 2011 were read with the correction to add that a motion was made and approved to store rock on our property for $250. Motion was made by Benson, second by Lee.
The treasurerís report was read and approved.
A building permit was accepted from David Derschan to move in a house.
CLAIMS APPROVED TO BE PAID
Jesse James, 68.55 for 17.5 gallons of gas; Minnehaha Community Water, 28.00 for May water; Bill Benson, 25.00 for 4 reflectors and roof tin; Nathan Braun, 200.00 for use of tractor and box scrapper; Xcel Energy, 234.46 for lights; Grant Duncan, 159.61 for hose, fitting, oil, and filter; Anderson Publications, 264.44 for minutes, bid advertisements, and statement of funds; Bolteís Sunrise Sanitary, 546.00 for dumpsters; Nathan Braun, 100.00 for use of tractor and box scrapper; Schuneman, 65.48 for hydraulic oil; Lucas Swenson, 150.00 for 5x if mowing; Larry Sutton, 100.00 for 6 month of salary; Danessa Keener, 250.00 for 6 month of salary; Cheryl Swenson, 250.00 for 6 months of salary; Kara Duncan, 175.00 for 7 meetings; Bill Benson, 175.00 for 7 meetings; Robin Berg, 150.00 for 6 meetings; Brian Berg, 150.00 for 5x of mowing; and Neil Winterton 150.00 for 6x of mowing.
In regards to culverts: was decided to widen some of the roads before
replacing the culverts. Letters
sent out to inform the residents that reside on the roads that the road
widened. Motion was made to purchase 10
loads of gravel, motion by Ellis, second by
2. Trees by railroad: Benson talked to Randy Berghorst and the trees can be cut as long as they are 25 ft from the railroad.
3. Trim for city building was purchased.
4. Issue on road reflectors was closed
5. Wright Tree Service can be contacted if anyone needs their trees trimmed per Xcel Energy: ask for Mike Harris.
1. Bullet Hearing was held and 8:00 for the renewal of license and was approved. One resident requested that the cans be picked up better and that another garbage can would help solve the problem.
2. The Yahoo Domain will be taken over by Gerry Karpen.
Robin Berg requested to be able to purchase weed remover and grass seed
for the town hall and park. Motion was
made to approve request by
4. In reference to mowing the roads; Bill Koch had already sprayed the roads.
Motion was made by
6. Finding a place to put broken concrete was tabled for next meeting.
Motion by Benson to adjourn, second
The next regular meeting will be Tuesday, July 5, 2011, 7:30 pm