May 3rd, 2011
The Sherman Town Board met in
regular session Tuesday, May 3. 2011, 7:30pm at the
Members present: Kara Duncan, Bill Benson, Robin Berg and Cheryl Swenson.
Members absent: Danessa Keener
Others present: Grant Duncan, Larry & Sandy Sutton, Gerry & Ellen Karpen, Kevin Swenson, Lee Ellis, and Cathy Benson.
The agenda was read and approved, motion by Berg, 2nd by Benson.
The minutes of the April 5, 2011 were read and approved after these corrections:
Bid accepted from Neil Winterton
for mowing the
Date for the next meeting was May 3
The two statutes that were read were SDCL9-23-1 and SDCL9-23-2, for those who would like to read the ordinances they will be posted outside the town hall. They can also be located under http://legis.state.sd.us/statutes.
The Treasurers report was read and approved, motion by Berg, 2nd by Benson.
CLAIMS APPROVED TO BE PAID
Anderson Publication, 18.47 for Equalization ad; Xcel Energy, 265.92 for lights; Minnehaha Community Water, 28.00 for water; Vogt, Brown, Merryand, Hammer 110.00 for legal fees and 20.00 municipal attorney dues; Danessa Keener, 125.00 for election board; Kara Duncan 112.50 for election board; Lucas Swenson, 30.00 for 1x mowing; Brian Berg, 30.00 for 1x mowing; and Cheryl Swenson, 112.50 for election board and 55.08 mileage.
1. Election results - 30 votes for Lee Ellis, 17 votes for Robin Berg and 1 spoiled vote. Lee Ellis will be the new trustee. Also Kara Duncan will get paid for serving on election board.
2. Bid on culvert -1 bid from Joe Vandersnick--Benson will check prices for culverts. Also some concerns on the culvert south of Bensons.
3. Tree trimming -
4. Town clean up - May 6, 7, and 8 and dumpster will be here on Friday.
5. Bill for removal of tree stump –
City is not responsible for removal; motion by
6. Trees by railroad - need to get a hold of property owner.
7. Reminder on how to get things on the agenda - email firstname.lastname@example.org
Open floor to Old Business:
1. A tree in
will be looked at and addressed at next meeting.
1. Lee Ellis was sworn in as the
new trustee for a 3 year term -
3. Town grader has a hydraulic leak
4. Motion to pay Nathan Braun 200.00 for use of his tractor and box scrapper, motion by Benson, second by Ellis. Grant Duncan donated his time scraping the roads.
5. Date for The Bullets license is set for June 7th, 2011 at 8:00pm.
Motion to adjourn by Benson, 2nd by Ellis.
Next meeting will be June 7th, 2011 at 7:30pm