September 6, 2011
The Sherman Town Board met in regular session Tuesday, September 6, 7:30 p.m. at the Sherman Town Hall with President Lee Ellis presiding.
Members present: Kara Duncan, Bill Benson, Cheryl Swenson, and Danessa Keener.
Others present: Robin Berg, Kenneth Askren, Linda Askren, Kevin Swenson, and Bill Cook
The Agenda was approved.
Minutes of the August 2, 2011 meeting were read and an amendment was made that Ellis made a motion to purchase two more culverts, seconded by Benson. Minutes approved, motion by Duncan, second by Benson.
The treasurerís report was read and approved, motion by Duncan, second by Benson.
CLAIMS APPROVED TO BE PAID:
Lankota, 374.20 for two culverts; Minnehaha Community Water, 28.00 for water; Menards, 763.27 for drain tile; Xcel Energy, 234.12 for lights; SDPPA, 2001.19 for Insurance; Schumeman Equipment, 16.47 for parts; Lucas Swenson, 90.00 for 3x mowing; Jesse James, 61.21 for 17.4 gallons of gas; Bill Benson, 56.00, 3.00, 37.00, & 4.00 for reflectors, glue, fittings, & gas; Brian Berg, 150.00 for 5x mowing; Neil Winterton, 125.00 for 5x mowing; Vandersnick Excavating, 1959.19 for dirt work.
1. The culvert project was discussed. A tile company was consulted after the August meeting because there were questions regarding the type of tile previously discussed. The tile company did make suggestions and specific recommendations. After some debate there was a decision made to use perforated tile instead of straight tile. There will be a work day on the 24th to put in drain tile, Volunteers are needed. If anyone is willing to volunteer please email email@example.com. Motion to purchase pea gravel and perforated tile was made by Duncan, second by Ellis. Further work will be conducted on the project and was passed to next month.
2. Proposed budget ordinance was presented. Final reading will be at the October 4, 2011 meeting.
3. Both the SDPAA & Workers Comp Surveys are done.
1. Pre-disaster Mitigation Planning was handed off to Cheryl Swenson to finish up the last required meetings.
2. Small trees on Packard will need to be moved; will find out who actually owns the trees.
3. Schedule Conditional Use Permit Hearing, a permit needs to be presented to the board before any hearing can be scheduled.
Motion by Ellis to adjourn, second by Duncan
Next regular meeting will be October 4, 2011
Danessa Keener, Town Clerk