January 3, 2012
The Sherman Town Board met in regular session Tuesday, January 3, 2012, at 7:30 p.m. at the Sherman Town Hall.
Members present: Kara Duncan, Bill Benson, Cheryl Swenson, and Danessa Keener.
Members absent: Lee Ellis
Others present: Robin Berg, Gerry Karpen, and Larry Sutton.
The Agenda was approved; motion by Duncan, second by Benson
Minutes of the December 6, 2011 meeting were read and approved; motion by Duncan, second by Benson.
The treasurerís report was read and approved, motion by Duncan, second by Benson.
CLAIMS APPROVED TO BE PAID
Minnehaha Community Water, 25.00 for water; Xcel Energy, 240.86 for lights; Golden Palms Cosmo, 50.00 for McDonald gift cards; Anderson Publications, 19.37 & 54.62 for November minutes & Budget; Palisades Propane, 341.58 for propane; SECOG, 182.00 for annual dues.
1. Snowplow was tabled until next month.
2. The culvert and gutters where again discussed at length and was decided to bring in five more loads of rock to finish filling in the gutters. Motion by Duncan, Second by Benson.
1. Salaries were set for the year: President will receive $30 dollars per meeting, Trustee will remain the same at $25 dollars per meeting, Treasurer and Town Clerk will remain the same $500 dollar salary per year, Zoning Director will have a salary of $100 per year. Motion by Duncan, Second by Benson.
2. Town Treasurer will be Cheryl Swenson and the Town Attorney will be Dean Hammer. Motion by Duncan, Second by Benson.
3. The Town Clerk position will become vacant as of February 1, 2012. Anyone that is interested can email email@example.com.
4. There will be 1 Trustee opening. Earliest date to begin petition circulation and earliest date to file nomination petitions is the 4th Friday in January.
Motion by Duncan to adjourn, Second by Benson
Next regular meeting will be December 6, 2011
Danessa Keener, Town Clerk